As you probably know by now, we here at Organic Mentor love, love, love retinol. It’s considered a Magic Bullet by aestheticians and dermatologists for fading dark spots and acne scars, anti-aging (aka reducing fine lines and wrinkles), treating existing acne and preventing new breakouts, and promoting collagen production, which gives skin that youthful, radiant, dewy appearance. We also love Vitamin C Serum for it’s skin brightening, anti-aging, and dark spot fading magic. InstaNatural Retinol Moisturizer has retinol and Vitamin C, plus a huge fan base. So we just had to take a closer look and see what we’ve been missing!
For more, check out How to Safely Get Started with Retinol (and Stick with It).
InstaNatural Retinol Moisturizer is a great daily moisturizer which combats signs of aging through deep hydration, low dose retinol Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, and powerful antioxidants. It’s OK to use during the day, even though it has retinol and Vitamin C, and it’s packed with skin cell healing and protecting antioxidants. Just be sure to wear your sunscreen! It is loaded with botanical, non-toxic ingredients, and has a great price.
Retinol Fades dark spots, hyperpigmentations, and acne scars; reduces fine lines and wrinkles for anti-aging; heals existing acne and prevents new breakouts; and stimulates collagen production which gives your skin that dewy, radiant look
Vitamin C Fastest and most effective dark spot, hyperpigmentation, and acne scar fading ingredient. Works on contact, directly to the epidermis, where these dark spots live.
Hyaluronic Acid Retains and plumps skin cells for a radiant, dewy, hydrated complexion.
Safflower Seed Oil Deeply penetrating but lightweight moisturizer that won’t weigh down skin or make it look greasy. Perfect for acne-prone and combination skin.
Green Tea Extract Rich with antioxidants which seek and destroy free radicals. Free radicals cause oxidative damage to skin cells which causes signs of aging and an overall dull look.
No Parabens, SLS, SLES, Toxins, Mineral Oil, Formaldehyde Releasers, PEGs, DEA/MEA/TEA, unsafe preservatives, Petroleum, Synthetic Dyes. Cruelty-Free.
- The retinol content is about 0.25%. The ingredient list says 2.5% but that’s in the entire bottle and mixed with other ingredients, so you’re actually getting much less. This can actually be a good thing if you’re scared of getting the red, dry, flaky irritated skin (retinization period) from a higher strength of retinol.
- You can wear during the day, even though it has retinol, because it has a lower concentration. Be sure to use a high quality sunscreen though!
- Impressive ingredient list focused on repairing, protecting, and healing skin cells
- Very affordable price makes it an all natural moisturizer worth trying
- Loads of “safe synthetic” ingredients. We get that some products must have synthetic ingredients (retinol doesn’t actually grow out of the ground!), and InstaNatural only uses “safe synthetic,” but we still prefer seeing more botanicals and less of these on the list. To make sure these “safe synthetics” were non-toxic, we checked EWG for Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentylene Glycol, and Caprylyl Glycol and found that they were all a 1 or 2, which means low risk of harm.
- If you’re used to using retinol, you may want to try a stronger one
- There are some unhappy customers leaving reviews, but we checked the most recent reviews, and found that the overwhelming majority of users love this product and give it 5 stars
Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Naturally Derived Glyceryl Stearate SE, Naturally Derived Glycerin, Naturally Derived Dicaprylyl Ether, Naturally Derived Cetyl Alcohol, Naturally Derived Stearic Acid, Safe Synthetic Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Naturally Derived Sodium Hyaluronate, Safe Synthetic Retinol, Naturally Derived Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Hesperidin, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis Flower Extract, Safe Synthetic Panthenol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Geranium Maculatum Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Naturally Derived Tocopherol, Naturally Derived Xanthan Gum, Naturally Derived Pentylene Glycol, Safe Synthetic Caprylyl Glycol, Safe Synthetic Ethylhexylglycerin, Naturally Derived Citric Acid
To Sum It Up
InstaNatural Retinol Moisturizer is very popular. After a closer look, we decided that it’s great for deep moisture, anti-aging, and perfect if you have never used retinol before. Most people who try this product fall in love. But those that don’t, usually complain about it being too weak of a retinol. Everyone agrees that their skin has never been more hydrated and we love the added benefit of antioxidants.